Video conferencing has been around for sometime, and is now gaining in popularity. The demand for a national integrated videoconferencing and streaming network infrastructure for the Higher Education in Egypt is highlighted. In the spirit of the continuous development of the services offered to the Higher Education Community and after the successful implementation of the EUN WAN Infrastructure network which connects all the Universities together and to the Internet through a high bandwidth and robust network. EUN is in the process of implementing a Video Conference and Streaming Solution for the Egyptian Universities Network and the 17 governmental Universities in addition to the Azhar University. The Video Conference System will include: Endpoints, Video Conference Infrastructure, and Streaming Solution with the Central management to be located at EUN
Among the main functions of this department is:
- Provide a Value Added Services for the Universities.
- EUN Video Conference Department will be responsible for the smooth operation and the management of the Video Conference Network for the Egyptian Universities.
- Provide end-to-end video conference facility for any planned and required conferences for the Higher Education Community.
- Provide a Video Conference facility to be an effective technological tool in Education.
- Stream/Record Video Conferences.
- Provide a Video on Demand (VoD) facilities.
- Manage the secured Video Conference Network with the main focal point to be at EUN NOC.
- Provide a tool for extensive training at the Egyptian Universities.
- Provide a cheaper way of communication between endpoints through the high bandwidth EUN IP network.